Psalms 139:14

I will praise Thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvellous are Thy works.....

To Be or Not To Be (A Fit Mother)... That Is The Question....

Friday, May 9, 2008


This question in my head is kinda quirky because I wonder if I am a fit mother. Will I ever be right to be someone's care giver, life saver, protector, nuturer..aka Mom. I am sure you are thinking... according to who? Society? Family, Friends?? That is what I ask myself quite frequently.

I know there are a whole lot of things I can do differently. I hope and pray that those things come with the help of the Lord and time. Being a mom doesn't come with complete instructions. What it comes with is: A relationship that is tested every second of every minute....your relationship with Jesus and with your child. And... it ain't no joke. I love being a mother to my princess, but I will not lie... It's one of the hardest duties that I have been called to do. And I know that I wouldn't change it for the simple fact that the Lord knew I needed this continual life lesson in human form to mold and shape me for the kingdom.

I know that it takes laying on my face and praying to the Lord God Almighty for guidance every step of the way... Here's to you all of your moms who feel like you don't matter, that you aren't the best.... Have a nugget for you to hold captive in your heart...

YOU ARE MORE THAN ENOUGH !!! The Lord will supply all of your needs according to His riches in glory !!! You are the apples of His eye. :) You mean more to Him than you mean to anyone else.. Allow Him to give you all of the tools you need to succeeed in this position of being mommy..

I am thankful for all of the mothers who have had a part of me becoming who I am especially the one who gave me life.. :) I praise God for a praying mama.. And who never stopped believing in me.

Happy Mommy's Day !!!!

2 comments:

Shaneia said...

It is indeed one of the MOST overworked and underpaid position on the planet I'm sure. I'm not a mother...and can only imagine the work and emotion that go into child rearing...God Bless you and your baby...may you grow to depend on the love that you have for the Father and for one another...

Jenn said...

Shaneia,


You are too a mother in your own right. You have babies... your pets.. :) I love my job as a mother... Thank you for praying for my daughter and I. Nothing but the blood of the Most High God keeps us together.

Jenn