Psalms 139:14

I will praise Thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvellous are Thy works.....

Talk About Cleaning House... Ole Stuff Just Won't Do

Thursday, May 8, 2008


Do you ever get the feeling like everything around you flithy is clogging up your system? Or that the dust flying in the air is causing your allergies to flare?

Maybe it's time to get some spring/summer cleaning done? Let's go deeper, shall we? How about spring/summer cleaning your spiritual being? Do the things you incorporate into your life that are within "comfort boundaries" clog up your system? Do your "spiritual sinuses" begin to go haywire due to some dust in the air? In talking to my sister (bestest friend ever in life), the Holy Spirit advised me that in order to be refreshed, rejuvenated and ready for the next phase of this journey, I need to get rid of some things... All of the excess baggage, doesn't need to follow me the rest of my days.. :) Wow.. Look at God !!! I was wondering why my mind wasn't clear, why I was always looking for some type of "the right medicine" to get rid of this headache that just wouldn't go away. You know the kind that sort of lingers, goes away... comes back... lingers.. you get the idea..

I knew I was going to have to clean, but good gracious a life.... I didn't realize there was sooo much to clean.. Not just the right now, but the before right now **Jenn getting dizzy**.. That's quite a bit. But the wonderful part of that is, I don't have to do it all in one swoop. I can clean in stages, which is a blessing in itself.. :)

Lord,

You have been EVERYTHING I need since I can remember. Forgive me, Father for putting those things and people in my world before You and not getting rid of the garbage as I should have. Thank you that You are a God of protection, love, truth, soverignty, grace and mercy.. I come before You now, knowing what's at hand, and laying it at Your feet for me to not to worry about. Create in me in pure and gentle heart so that I may worship You freely and openly....

In Your Precious Son's name I pray,

Amen...

Well, I betta get to cleaning !!! See ya !!!

2 comments:

Rosheeda said...

ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS! AND POIGNANT! *standing ovation*

Gruvon said...

Hey Jenn this was great read and thank you for sharing with us.

Bilal